Scavenger's Rights

A creative corner where writer Jessica Vivien explores the day's flotsam and jetsam.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gooseberry Hill, Western Australia, Australia

I live near Perth and write amongst magpies, ring-necked parrots and honey eaters. I write speculative fiction and have had stories published in Cat Sparks' anthology "Agog! Fantastic Fiction" and Bill Congreve's anthology "Passing Strange."

Friday, September 22, 2006

Chewing things up and over.

It's been a tough week.

First my car broke down because back in January my local mechanics fitted a squaretoothed waterpump which chewed up my roundtoothed timing chain and dropped the compression down to "dead car" level. Then my tiny burmese catDoushka got chewed up by the monster tom across the road and spent a couple of days in a state of shock and pain. Finally I had to watch an old man plead guilty to an assault charge, even though he didn't do it, because a big group of people who didn't like him were prepared to swear in court that he did. And throughout the week I was helping my son and daughter move house and clean up.

But on the plus side, I am putting together an application for an ARTSFLIGHT grant, and have had some wonderful support from lovely people like Cat Sparks, Lyn Battersby and Van Ikin which reminds me that I have to find a way to fit my writing in somehow, whatever else is going on. And I am lucky to live close to the bush where the tiny wild orchids and sweet friesias as coming into bloom right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home