Scavenger's Rights

A creative corner where writer Jessica Vivien explores the day's flotsam and jetsam.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gooseberry Hill, Western Australia, Australia

I live near Perth and write amongst magpies, ring-necked parrots and honey eaters. I write speculative fiction and have had stories published in Cat Sparks' anthology "Agog! Fantastic Fiction" and Bill Congreve's anthology "Passing Strange."

Friday, September 22, 2006

A niobe moment

Well, after literally years of procrastinating, I now have a web presence: in a few hours, I registered my domain, and created and launched my homepage for my website jessicavivien.com.

I see Ben Peek is having fun pushing Amazon to the limits by setting his own definition of "Dinnerparty" language on his author's blog associated with the Agog! anthologies now on sale on Amazon. Check it out. I hadn't realised until yesterday that being published in "Agog! Fantastic Fiction" gives us the right to have author's blogs on Amazon linked to our publications. Not sure if Ben is being subversive or is carrying out a very clever marketting ploy designed to bring more hits to his blog and the book. I'll see if I can find out.

So...I am discovering my webnaivity in this big bad webworld. There will be "oh my gauche" moments when I discover that on the web as in life I have insufficient knowledge of etiquette. C'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home