Scavenger's Rights

A creative corner where writer Jessica Vivien explores the day's flotsam and jetsam.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gooseberry Hill, Western Australia, Australia

I live near Perth and write amongst magpies, ring-necked parrots and honey eaters. I write speculative fiction and have had stories published in Cat Sparks' anthology "Agog! Fantastic Fiction" and Bill Congreve's anthology "Passing Strange."

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Going gentle into that. Goodnight.


 My computer died on Monday. It had a terminal illness first, freezing occasionally during 2005, then rebooting occasionally from the start of 2006, then rebooting ALL THE BLOODY TIME. Then, just when I was sick of that, it stopped rebooting at all.

It had major surgery: two reinstallations of windows, and a new HD, an internal cleanout and reseat. And a great deal of attention. So it had a good life and probably did its best for me.

The good news is that most of my stuff is on the HD and can be moved straight into a new old box. The bad news is that it all takes time when I have other very important things to do, and money when I have a deeply important project that will take more money than I have available as it is.

So I've decided to look on it as a challenge and an inspiration. I have begun a story about a person who experiences life as a process of rebooting and rebooting and... 

And I have also decided I will get there come hell or high water, whatever the bastards 
throw in my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home